Saturday, October 10, 2009

CORN MAZE DAYS

This fall Michelle and I are enjoying our weekend work at the PERSIAN NIGHTS corn maze at LYND'S FRUIT FARM near Pataskala. I am throwing myself into a different kind of engineer work; not civil, but barrel trains. The kiddies love it and after a six hour shift of yelling "All aboard!" and making dozens if steam-whistle sounds I am always ready to come home and watch football. I pull twelve cars made out of old 55-gallon drum plastic barrels with a mini-tractor. Grandpa Brooks built the train and no one has really ever seen anything like it. The kids love it. And on football Saturdays to entertain the parents one of my tricks is to drive the train into a tight circle and shout "O-H". Michelle is hanging on as a cashier, it gets a little crazy sometimes when we get a rush of people, but experience working at a OSU Bookstore during the first week of classes has prepared her well. If you live in the Central Ohio area you should really investigate coming out to LYND's for a fall weekend day, it is quite a memorable country experience not too far from Columbus.



= JJB =

1 comment:

 
ss_blog_claim=5b67e145856370c4d88369c11da34178